We’re looking for a BoP tester to join our, to be formed, competition department (cool name TBD) to help ensure a level playing field for all competitors.
About the position
The competition department makes sure we have an objective and reliable baseline for the Balance of Performance for the entire season. You’ll form the team with others and work together improving the BoP.
In broad terms, the competition department is responsible for the following:
- Gathering and processing performance data from the relevant cars
- Deciding on BoP for the season and/or events
As a member of the competition department team at NEO Endurance, you’ll gather data. You’ll drive multiple cars. You’ll find ways to improve data and/or process.
Here are some things that might give you a better sense of what various tasks are from time to time:
- Test the cars when they get changed by iRacing
- Investigate how weight and power reductions influence performance.
- Advice on the latest BoP, based on the data
We’re looking for someone who has experience in the GT3 cars. Maybe the GT4 as well. You are a consistent driver and can get the maximum performance out of the multiple cars. English doesn’t have to be your native language, but you can communicate with others.
You might have a lot of iRating. You might not. That’s not very important. We need data from various drivers, from various levels. You can complete multiple laps with minimum mistakes. Diligent work speaks volumes.
Pay and benefits
This opening is at the moment voluntary. We are working on making sure everyone helping with organising, will get reasonable compensation for their time and effort.
Sim racing is a hobby for most of us. We don’t expect you to put a lot of hours into this. Family and work should have priority over sim racing. As long as you have some time to spare for testing, usually after a new build.
How to apply
Please send an email that speaks directly to this position.
We don’t know how long it will take to review all applications. You will get a reply as soon as possible and hear if you advance to the interview part of the process.
We look forward to hearing from you. ✌🏼
- Rogers Returns to Porsche TAG Heuer Esports Supercup Winner’s Circle in Le Mans
- Porsche TAG Heuer Esports Supercup Race Preview: Le Mans
- Andrews Back on Top of IMSA iRacing Pro Series Opener at Sebring, Eng Wins GTE Class
- eNASCAR Coca-Cola iRacing Series Driver Profile: Jake Nichols
- IMSA iRacing Pro Series presented by Simcraft Race Preview: Sebring